After investing time and money in getting a lash lift in Singapore, the last thing you’d want is not to have long-lasting effects. The beautiful eyelash-enhancing treatment can work wonders for you if you are properly maintaining your lashes after the procedure. You can expect the results to last around 6-8 weeks if you take care of your lashes.
Now you may wonder how you take care of your lashes after the procedure. Well, don’t worry, you won’t have to make frequent visits to beauty salons in Singapore to maintain them. With some easy tips, you can ensure that you have those perfect, curly, and stronger lashes for a long time. Use the following post-treatment care tips to help you maintain your lashes.
Make Sure to Keep Them Dry
A lash lift procedure will involve applying several solutions to the delicate dry, so you need to ensure that your lashes are dry for the next 24 to 48 hours after the procedure. Moisture will kill the curly lashes you’re looking for, so make sure to avoid places with high moisture to let the curls settle. Avoid getting your lashes wet in the shower as well.
Avoid Anything That Touches the Lashes
This means no more pillow cuddling for the next couple of days! Now it may sound very harsh, but you need to ensure that nothing touches your eyelashes for at least two days after the procedure. Anything that can lead to a tear or affect your lashes needs to be avoided. Try sleeping on your back for a couple of days.
Mascara can help give your lashes an enhanced and more beautiful look. While there’s no need to wear it, you can always consider using oil-free mascara to make your eyes look more beautiful. However, make sure to do it only after 48 hours of the procedure. So, plan your date nights or parties after a couple of days to extract the maximum benefits!
You need to condition your lashes regularly to ensure long-lasting effects. You can consider using a mild nourishing essence to enhance and protect your lashes, but only 48 hours after the procedure. Consult your beautician before choosing a product, as they’ll guide you better in selecting the most appropriate one for your lashes.
Day By Day Care
If you’re looking for a day-by-day guide to care for your lash lift, we’ve got you covered. However, before that, there are a few pointers that you need to keep in mind for your aftercare routine.
- Always be gentle with your lashes. Any scuffing or rubbing can mess up your lash lift and waste all your money on getting the procedure.
- As mentioned, you must avoid water on your lashes for at least 24 hours after the procedure. Any moisture or water can be detrimental to your lashes.
- Refrain from using harsh or substandard products on your lashes. Always pick the best aftercare products that’ll ensure the safety and longevity of your lashes. You can consult the salon expert on the products to use. They’ll be in a better position to guide you.
- Always remember that sauna/steam after 24hrs will weaken the effect of the lift. Try to prolong such activities as long as possible so you can enjoy the lift as much as possible.
- Say goodbye to eye makeup for at least 24 hours after your procedure. Using makeup can be counterproductive. Consider spending the day inside after the procedure.
- Like a sauna, steam, and other water activities, you also need to avoid swimming for 24 hours after the procedure.
- Get all your beauty and facial treatments before the lifting process because you need to refrain from any facial treatments for at least 24 hours.
The first day after you get your lash lift, the major focus should be on avoiding any contact on the lashes. Resist the feel of rubbing your eyelashes because it can waste all your money. If you’re experiencing unusual irritation that is unbearable, then apply a cool, damp cotton compress to the area. However, if the symptoms persist, then immediately seek medical advice. Make sure to not sleep on your face during the first day.
The main thing to do on day 2 is to avoid water contact with the eye area. This means no water or moisture activities such as swimming, sauna, steam, or any others that can be detrimental to your lash lift.
Day 3 Onwards
From day 3 onwards, you should continue resisting the temptation to rub your eyes or lashes. Any oil-based products or serums shouldn’t be used on the lashes because they can affect the efficacy of the process. It will also cause the semi-permanent mascara applied during the lash lift process to dissolve faster.
The effects of the process will fade within 2-3 weeks as your brows go and the tint color fades. Avoid going out in strong sunlight as UV rays can make the tint color fade faster. Only use reliable products to wash your face.
Having said that, you should always get the lash lift process done from a reliable professional who uses quality products to perform the treatment. Avoid going for cheap treatments because they can backfire.
Finding The Best Salon in Singapore
You need to get your lash lift treatment done by the best salon in singapore to get the desired results. If you’re on the lookout for some of the best salons that offer lift lash treatments and eyelash extensions in Singapore, then check out Vaniday.
The platform can help you connect with some of the best salons in the region. You can also shop for various beauty and brazilian hair removal products through their site. Check out their website for more information.