In our series of Discover Artist, get to know different professionals and their stories.
With 18 years of experience, Stella Leung, the owner of Makeup by Stella, knows the Makeup Industry inside out. Stella is a certified professional makeup instructor (ex-instructor in Make Up For Ever Academy HK) and she trained more than 1000 students in her training career. Graduated from London College of Fashion, Stella has worked for makeup industry icons such as MAC, T-LeClerc and Christian Dior. Let’s hear Stella’s story and her tips to the perfect makeup look!
Salon: Makeup by Stella
Stylist: Owner – Stella Leung
Years in Makeup Industry: 18 years and counting
Countries lived in: Hong Kong, London and Singapore
Speciality: Bridal Makeup, Fashion and Creative Makeup, Stage Makeup
Favourite Makeup Look: Daring Makeup style with colors, smokey eye, showing you a different side of beauty
- Waterproof Makeup- Make Up For Ever, MAC
- Foundation- Bobbi Brown, Christian Dior
- Perfume- Christian Dior, Chanel
3 beauty tips for your makeup to last:
- Use loose powder/ press powder after foundation (to avoid oily look)
- Put concealer before applying eyeshadow on your eyelid
- Remember to use setting spray before completing the look
For beginners wanting to improve their skills:
- Dare to try bold colors and step out of your comfort zone
- Use shimmers first since it is easier to blend
- Match your makeup and outfit color complimentarily (use color wheel)
- Skin tone, face shape and personality matters
“If you have the passion for it, you just have to try”
Book Stella for your special day- event makeup, bridal makeup, makeup tutorial class etcetera.
Catch the promotion for Dinner and Dance Makeup at $150 on Vaniday now!