A well-rounded and balanced physical routine is essential to maintain our body, health, and mind. However, we often neglect to work out the very thing people see the most—our faces! Just like the rest of your body, your face also needs attention to stay toned and fit. Now, facial exercises have been a topic of intense debate amongst beauty enthusiasts.
Not all exercises might give you the desired results, but most of them can help you get a toned and sculpted face. Let’s look at some tried, tested, and simple facial exercises for tighter and healthier skin!
Table of Contents
If you want to have those Hollywood-style eyebrows and want to perk them up and ensure they are in the right place, practice this exercise. You may experience shaggy eyebrows with age, but with a few simple exercises, you can ensure they stay where they belong. Tight eyebrows look extremely attractive, and you can get them by following the below steps consistently:
- Join your middle and index finger
- Place them just above your eyebrows and force your skin downwards.
- Practice getting your brows up and down.
- Make sure to do six sets with ten raises and drops per set.
Consistency and patience are essential when doing these exercises because you wouldn’t see immediate results. Keep doing them regularly, and you’ll have eyebrows that turn heads!
Wink n’ Hold
The Wink n’ Hold might seem fun, but it’s pretty effective in treating lines and wrinkles. The technique is pretty simple, and there’s no rocket science involved. Even if you don’t know how to wink or can’t do it, all it needs is for you to close your eyes partially. After closing, do the following:
- Hold the partial closure of the eyes for one second.
- Ensure that all muscles are in contact around the winking eye and then release it slowly.
- Repeat this motion at least 20–25 times in a single set.
- Make sure to practice it regularly, but don’t overdo it. Once a day is more than enough.
Sky-high cheekbones are something everyone desires. It’s a desirable trait and can immediately elevate your look to the next level. With a few simple exercises, you can get those highly desired cheekbones that can cut through awkward conversations and turn heads! Follow these simple steps for sharp and sleek cheekbones:
- Get your index and middle finger together and place them on each cheekbone.
- Lift the skin until you feel a bit of tightness.
- Open your mouth and form an oval “O” shape. You’d feel some resistance in the cheekbone.
- Practice this for at least 5 seconds.
- Repeat the above steps daily for 10–15 sets to get a sharper cheekbone.
Eye Toning Exercise
Those droopy eyelids may make you miserable, but don’t worry; with a few simple steps, you can tone your eyes. Refrain from going down the Botox way because you can save a lot of money and time by following this exercise. These steps can also treat crow’s feet, puffiness, and eye bags. Here are the steps you are required to follow:
- Get your index and middle finger in a ‘V’ shape and put them on your eyes.
- Once positioned on your eyes, press and hold down both middle fingers simultaneously on the inner part of your brows.
- Use both index fingers to apply consistent pressure on the outer edge of the eyebrows.
- During the process, look towards the ceiling and squint strongly.
- Relax after you do it and repeat the move at least six times and end every set by shutting your eyes tightly for 10 seconds.
Plump Them Cheeks
Another facial exercise that ensures the supple and plump skin that we always desire during our later years. The good news is that you can plump that skin by doing a few simple exercises. First, raise the folds around the nose to tone those cheeks. The technique is simple; you only need to smile like never before! Then, follow these steps to plump those cheeks:
- To start, grin as widely as you can. Use your fingertips to press down the folds between the nose and lips.
- The next step involves lifting your cheekbone while pressing down to create resistance. Make sure to apply firm tips, so you don’t overwork your hands.
Do this for a good two to three minutes every day while taking breaks in between. Follow the guidelines accurately to get those plump cheeks!
Looking to sculpt your face to highlight those unique features and get everyone to notice you? Well, a simple cheek squeeze exercise may get you the desired results. Say goodbye to those flabby cheeks and say hello to a slimmer and toned face. Here’s how you can highlight those jaw-dropping facial features:
- Tilt your head back, then push your chin forward. Make sure not to put a lot of strain on your neck.
- Suck your cheeks in and make a fish face like you’d pout for a silly selfie! Don’t bite down on your lips or tongue.
- Repeat the above steps for 10–15 sets with at least five seconds of the fish pose in each set.
Excessive stress may make you wince at your desk. As a result, you may see wrinkles appearing on your forehead. However, don’t worry! There is a solution to all your woes. A simple exercise can ensure that you maintain a flawless forehead. One of the best things about the practice is that you can do it anywhere without grabbing unwanted attention!
All you need to do is make a surprised face! Acting surprised can smoothen the fine lines appearing on your forehead with time. Ensure that your forehead stays still and widen your eyes as if you’ve just seen something unusual. Repeat this exercise 8–10 times daily for the best results.
Double Chin Exercise
No one likes to sport that double chin. Our face has platysma, which is the muscle responsible for producing double chins. The muscle acts as a connector between your jawline and shoulders. You can do certain facial exercises to help you tighten the muscle and get that toned jawline back. You should do the following:
- Get comfortable. You can either stand or sit straight.
- Then, look towards the ceiling and tilt your head back.
- Hold your head and touch your tongue to the top of your mouth.
- Release the position and bring the chin to its original position.
- Repeat the entire exercise in five sets, lasting at least 20–25 seconds.
You might be surprised to know that there’s something called facial yoga that can help you firm your facial muscles. Facial yoga can also improve blood circulation leading to healthier and more vibrant skin. All you need to do is practice deep breathing, and you’re good to go! First, take a comfortable position which can be either sitting or standing straight. Take a deep breath and hold it within your cheeks, and puff them out slowly. Keep doing it a number of times every day.
Apart from regular facial exercises, it would help if you also considered visiting a beauty salon in Singapore to get some much-needed pampering to ensure healthy and vibrant skin. However, you should make sure to visit a quality, reliable, and professional salon to get your facial treatment done.
Finding the Best Beauty Salons in Singapore
If you’re looking for the best and most affordable beauty salon in singapore, you’ve come to the right place. Vaniday is a unique platform where you can find some of the best salons in the country. The website is a one-stop solution for people looking for world-class hair salons in Singapore. In addition, it provides a platform for beauty enthusiasts to buy beauty products online.
The platform has become the go-to place for people in Singapore looking to get premium facial and hair growth treatment singapore. You can book an appointment seamlessly by choosing your preferred salon, picking a convenient date, and paying for it using a credit card on their secure platform.
Vaniday also allows its members to earn cashback of up to 20% on selected beauty salons. You can also check out their magazine for the latest beauty updates. Check out their website to know more.